CALL US: 336-617-6015
Quality Nor Quantity
Interested In Becoming
A Guardian Family?
As a reputable and responsible breeder, we care about the well-being of our dogs. To give our dogs the best possible life, it is important for us to limit how many dogs we keep at our home. A poodle does best, developing to their full potential, when they are a part of the family, and our Guardian Family Program allows for us to do just that. The Dog will live as a family member of the Guardian Family at no cost to the Guardian Family, but will remain the property of Absolutely Pampered Poodles for the duration of the contract. If the Dog passes its health test, temperament evaluation, and other criteria the Breeder is looking for, the Dog then becomes a suitable candidate for breeding. Once the Dog reaches adulthood, she would be returned to the Breeder for breeding (2-4 days), to whelp, and to raise her puppies (8 weeks). The rest of her days will be spent with her Guardian Family. At the time she is ready to “retire”, she will be spayed at the Breeder's expense and returned to live out her golden years at home with her Guardian Family. Her official ownership will then be transferred to the Guardian Family at that time.
Guardian Family Contract
Welcome to Our Program!
We have created our Guardian-Home Program to grow our breeding program while still providing each of our breeding dogs with a loving environment in a Guardian Family.
By joining our program, you have a desire to and will act as a guardian for a dog that is a female potential breeder/proven breeder (“the Dog”), subject to the terms of this Agreement.
The following will spell out the Guardian-Home Program, including our requirements for a Guardian Family while the Dog is a part of the breeding program, the obligations we will assume as Breeder, and how the Dog will become a permanent member of your family.
Contracts / Legalities
Benefits of the Guardian-Home Program
To the Guardian Family:
The Dog is “pick of the litter” with an estimated value of $10,000. There is no initial cost to the Guardian Family for obtaining the Dog. The Breeder will pay all vet costs for health testing and reproductive health associated with the breeding of the Dog. For each litter whelped the Guardian Family will receive $100 in compensation.
Initial Obligations of the Guardian Family
In order to be considered for the Guardian-Home Program, we require that you:
Live within the NC/VA area.
Own your own home.
Have physical fencing to provide a safe and secure environment for the Dog. This also protects the Dog from any unplanned, unwanted pregnancies and is imperative. Never leave the Dog ‘off leash’ in an unsecured area.
Do not own unaltered dogs of the opposite gender of the Dog.
Have reliable transportation and willingness to bring the Dog to us when needed throughout the year for breeding purposes or special needs (i.e. testing, breeding, litters, etc.).
Maintain open lines of communication with us concerning any matter related to the Dog. Text is preferred.
Keep the Dog on Purina Pro Plan Sport 30/20 Dog food.
Understand that the Breeder may need to make decisions about the Dog and you will have to respect those decisions. Examples may include, but are not limited to: keeping the Dog longer; additional vet care; etc. All decisions WILL ALWAYS BE for the betterment of the Dog.
Ownership and all rights, title, and interest in the Dog shall remain the property of the Breeder. Any puppies born to the Dog shall be the sole property of the Breeder. The Guardian Family shall have no ownership, interest, or possession rights to any puppy produced by the Dog. The Dog shall be used as breeding stock exclusively by the Breeder and under no circumstances shall be bred to any dog other than as directed by the Breeder. After the Dog ceases to be a bred, Breeder shall, by written evidence of transfer, assign and transfer ownership of the Dog to the Guardian Family after spay/neuter (Breeder pays for spay/neuter surgery).
Upon the execution of this Agreement, Breeder shall transfer possession of the Dog to the Guardian Family. The Guardian Family shall retain possession of the Dog during this Agreement, subject to its obligations to return possession of the Dog for breeding purposes and shall provide physical care to and supervision of the Dog subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement. The Guardian Family shall not transfer possession of the Dog to any person without the prior written consent of Breeder.
Possession for Breeding
Breeder requires access to female breeding dog for reasons including, but not limited to:
1. Veterinary - appointments for general purposes and / or to monitor pregnancy possibly two visits.
2. Breeding - first sign of going into heat (blood) until a successful tie (usually 7-14 days). You can bring the Dog to the Breeder every other day - three (3) times on average or leave the Dog for the duration of the stay. This decision can be made by the Guardian Family, at the discretion of the Breeder.
3. Whelping - (7-14 days) days prior to the Dog’s due date and up until the puppies are weaned at approximately 6‐8 weeks after birth. This process lasts approximately 9-12 weeks total. When the Dog is returned to you post whelping you will receive $100 compensation for each litter.
4. Females will not be bred after the age of 7.
Guardian Family Obligations
1. Raise the Dog in a safe and loving environment.
2. When left at home, safely contain the Dog.
3. Comply with Breeder’s nutritional and dietary guidelines and pay all cost and expenses associated with feeding the Dog.
4. Provide the Dog with regular exercise and socialization (people, locations and only spayed or neutered dogs).
5. Provide monthly Heartgard and reproductive safe flea & tick medication (Simparaca, Nexgard, Advantage, etc.)
6. Provide professional grooming and nail trim services on a 8 week (MINIMUM) schedule.
7. Provide pictures and updates monthly.
8. Schedule and pay for all veterinary appointments (other than those associated with breeding, which will be covered by the Breeder) and provide routine medical care appropriate for the Dog.
9. Notify the Breeder of any planned vacations and change of address, phone, or email.
10. For the Dog, the Guardian Family will not own or pet-sit an unaltered male throughout the duration of the contract.
11. The Guardian Family must keep Breeder’s contact info, tag, or personalized collar with the Breeder’s number on the Dog at all times. The Dog’s microchip will remain registered to the Breeder until contract completion, when the Dog ownership is officially transferred to the Guardian Family.
12. The Guardian Family will not change the Dog’s name throughout the duration of the contract. At guardianship completion, you are welcome to change the Dog’s name at that time.
13. The Breeder has the right to trim the Dog into any hairstyle necessary when the Dog is in the Breeder’s care.
14. If the Guardian Family is making the working relationship difficult and / or impossible to continue in the best interest of the Dog and Breeder and / or if the Guardian Family refuses any reasonable requests from the Breeder or within this document, the Dog will be removed from the Guardian Family by the Breeder.
Termination of Agreement
This Agreement shall terminate upon the occurrence of any of the following:
1. Immediately, upon the transfer of ownership of the Dog to the Guardian Family
2. Immediately, upon the Breeder’s determination that the Guardian Family is non‐compliant with the terms of this Agreement and such non‐compliance poses significant risk to the health, welfare, and safety of the Dog, at which time possession of the Dog returns to the Breeder.
3. Immediately, upon the death of the Dog from natural or accidental causes.
4. Immediately, upon the Guardian Family’s permanent return of the Dog to the Breeder for any reason.
The Guardian Family agrees to indemnify and hold the Breeder harmless from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, cost, damages, and expenses by reason of any damage property or injury or death to individuals allegedly caused by the Dog while in the possession of the Guardian Family.