CALL US: 336-617-6015
Quality Nor Quantity
Absolutely Pampered Poodles
A partnership with guardian home families.
Please fill out the application to show interest and explore if your family would be a good fit for a standard poodle puppy from us. We just started taking deposits for our next available litters.
CHOOSE YOUR PUPPY
Picking order for our puppies will be determined by the order we receive your deposit. If you would like to be placed on our waiting list, you may place your deposit anytime with an approved application. You are never locked into choosing from a particular litter; choose the exact pup you want in the timing that you want him/ her.
After you've chosen your new best friend, you can schedule pick-up or local delivery. Let the fun times begin!
Puppy Socialization Starts with the Breeder: Early Neurological Stimulation
At Absolutely Pampered Poodles, our ultimate goal is to provide our forever families with the best puppies possible. Research shows that encouraging a stable temperament can start even before puppies are born. Breeders can do a lot to make sure their puppies have a great start on being more adaptable to all the situations they will encounter in life. We look at the first three weeks of the puppies' lives.
The First Three Weeks
The first three weeks of a puppy’s life are a crucial time. Puppies are very helpless at this stage. Their eyes do not open until around 10 days, and the sense of hearing starts around 2 weeks. Mama dog does most of the work at this stage, and our job is to keep everyone warm, safe, and clean inside our home. The most important way to interact with your litters during this phase is by touch. Your puppies should be gently handled and stroked at least two times a day, so they learn that human touch is a pleasant experience.
In addition, at Absolutely Pampered Poodles we use the Early Neurological Stimulation (ENS) exercises, which are conducted once daily from the third to the 16th days, a period believed to be a time of rapid neurological growth and development. Even though puppies are very immature during this time frame, they are sensitive and respond to ENS.
The US Military developed this method designed to improve the performance of future military working dogs, according to the Breeding Better Dogs program developed by Dr. Carmen Battaglia, esteemed breeder, judge, seminar presenter, and AKC board member. This program is also referred to as “Bio-Sensor” or later termed “Super Puppy”.
ENS requires handling the puppies one at a time while performing a series of five exercises.
1. Tactile stimulation – Holding the pup in one hand, the handler gently stimulates (tickles) the pup between the toes on any one foot using a Q-tip.
2. Head held erect – Using both hands, the pup is held perpendicular to the ground, (straight up), so that its head is directly above its tail. This is an upwards position.
3. Head pointed down – Holding the pup firmly with both hands the head is reversed and is pointed downward so that it is pointing towards the ground.
4. Supine position – Hold the pup so that its back is resting in the palm of both hands with its muzzle facing the ceiling. The pup while on its back is allowed to sleep.
5. Thermal stimulation— Use a damp towel that has been cooled in a refrigerator for at least five minutes. Place the pup on the towel, feet down. Do not restrain it from moving.
Documented Benefits of Early Neurological Stimulation:
Improved cardiovascular performance
Stronger heart beats
Stronger adrenal glands
More tolerance to stress
Greater resistance to disease
We strive to raise puppies that are well adjusted and exposed to as many situations as possible. Our puppies are a part of our family and born and raised inside our home with our children and everyday life.
That is why so many of our customers come back and tell their friends and family about us!